Tool: Handbrake (free)
- High compression rate
- Supports Windows, Mac, Linux
- Convert a 1 GB Video file into 100-150 MB without losing its quality
- Supports multiple formats - MKV, MP4, WMV, AVI, M4V, MOV
- Download and install Handbrake.
- Launch and open the video from source>open.
- Then select your destination folder and provide a name to your file.
- Select (mp4 & web-optimized) from output settings.
- Click on the video and make sure that H.264(X264) is selected.
- Now press on compress button and wait till the process gets completed.
🏁 What have you achieved?
You've just converted a large video into a smaller one without losing its quality.
Note: The above steps aims to introduce the basic features of the Handbrake.